PAGES

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

God Bless

Ever since I was young I've had instilled in me a deep love for my country. Events like what happened in Boston yesterday make my soul ache. It is beyond any of my understanding why anyone would choose to deliberately put other people in such pain.
On my way to school yesterday, the country radio station I was listening to played, "God Bless the U.S.A." as a dedication to those suffering in Boston. As I drove to school today, I saw a beautiful, huge American flag flying at half mast. I watched it blow in the wind and now, I think about all the things that have happened to make it possible for that flag to be there. Many wars, Presidents, laws, disagreements, speeches, and tragedies. 
After a tragedy like yesterday, some might be tempted to ask, "Does that star spangled banner still wave?"
It does, at half mast at times, but it keeps waving "o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave." 
  Our prayers are with those in Boston. God Bless the U.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment