They make a job involving things like this...
I feel like I have to blog some of my memories because this job helped me so much. I have a hard time getting up in the morning, especially with my anxiety. Most mornings I wake up with anxiety running through my body. With this job, I always knew I was going somewhere I sincerely enjoyed and somewhere I was being productive. I knew I would get to be with people I love being around. It made getting up that much easier.
Just a few memories:
- When Jolyn bought us all fuzzy posters to color while we were leaving messages for customers. We kept consulting each other about which color was the best for particular spots on the poster. It was intense if I say so myself.
- When I accidentally put two customers on a phone call together without an employee…awkward.
- My name was Melissa for customers since there are two Chelsea’s in the office. I got called Chelsea, Melissa, Chelsea-Melissa and Chel-Mel.
- Kendra would bring me gluten-free goodies. Cookie dough, cookies, muddy buddies, etc. Tamesa brought me GF Oreos, Carla brought me a coupon for the local Gluten Free store, Jolyn brought me a Costa Vida coupon.
- A glare from across the room from Stacie means you need to check your hand to see if you are clicking a pen or marker.
- Cheltsie always so willing to answer all my ridiculous questions.
- Brandy staying late to talk to me and Kendra while we worked.
- I learned from Tamesa that preventative is technically not a word. It’s preventive!
- One day Audrey asked me to tell her about myself. I believe she said something like, “What makes Chelsea, Chelsea?”
- We had an amazing Crepe party
- One word: Snapchat.
- Getting to know the newest girls: Haley and Shawneen.
- Clocking out so Jill could give me a haircut.
- Sweat pants are required attire when you work on Saturday.
- I’ve never googled so many bugs in my life. Often, a customer would send in pictures of one to us, or would wonder what a certain bug looked like. So, we google bugs…a lot.
- Often, when on the phone with a customer, we would need to tell each other things. We would do this by quickly muting the phone while the customer was talking, talk really fast to a co-worker, and unmute the phone in time to reply.
My job doesn't quite fit in with my busy school schedule, it makes me so sad! It's hard to think of not seeing the girls every day. Luckily, the plan is to work some Saturdays and go back next summer. It's something I'm looking forward to!
|It was so hard to get everyone together, because the phone kept|
ringing! Also, we were missing a few, but we tried to get as
many as possible!
|Jordan had heard a lot about these girls, it was fun to get a picture|
to show him. My mom took this when she came and visited.