PAGES

Monday, December 17, 2012

You Aren't Broken

Like one of my favorite Christmas movies says, It is a Wonderful Life. Life is wonderful, but there are times when life can be almost unbearable. There are many reasons life can be hard: Anxiety, depression, loss of a loved one, loneliness, and the list goes on. I am here to tell you that you aren't broken if, for some reason, you are sad this Christmas season. Because Christmas is so wonderful, if you are experiencing some sort of pain, it can make it so hard to go through. Thoughts of previous Christmas's when things were easier can come to mind, you may feel you are never going to feel better. I hope you believe me when I tell you that it is okay to be sad sometimes. Don't beat yourself up if you are having a hard time this Christmas.
I am also here to tell you not to give up. If you are having a difficult Christmas season, look forward to the Christmas's to come when you are feeling better. A hard Christmas doesn't mean every Christmas will be that way.
I heard this song on the radio the other day, and it touched my heart. I pray it may touch yours too.

Broken Hearts Like Mine
By: Cherie Call

It was right around this time of year, not too long ago
That was when I heard the news that he wasn't coming home.
Now there's just something about this holiday that just tears me up inside
But Jesus was born, and He lived, and He died for broken hearts like mine.

I see the gifts and the Christmas trees, and I don't think these things are wrong.
I just don't want to break down under all these lights, so I still can't sing the songs.
Because the melodies turn to memories, and the only peace on earth I find
Is knowing Jesus was born, and He lived, and He died for broken hearts like mine.

I can feel the tenderness of friends who care
I can see the children playing everywhere
I just try to fade into the scenery
'Cause everyone is meant to be Christmas-ing.

I am not homeless or alone or poor
Sometimes I'm content to be ignored
But that doesn't mean that I don't believe 
Believing is what saves me in times like these.

Jesus was born in a stable, so He must know how it can be
Sometimes I feel like this holiday doesn't have a place for me.
But when it's all I can do just to make it through this bittersweet Christmastime
I remember Jesus was born and He lived and He died
For broken hearts like mine.

I'll be singing once again, I just need a little time.
I'm thankful that Jesus was born, and He lived and He died
For broken hearts like mine.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment