PAGES

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Crying

"It's better to cry than to be angry, because anger hurts others while tears flow silently through the soul and cleanse the heart." -Pope John Paul II
As I have read through many quotes on tears, there seem to be differing opinions on them. Some feel tears are a sign of weakness or something to be ashamed of. I don't see them this way. To me, tears have brought me relief, strength and compassion. I used to feel guilty when I cried like I was being ungrateful for my blessings. Then I realized that the right kind of tears can help me to release the built-up stress my anxiety can bring. Similar to chocolate, too much crying can be bad, too little can leave you feeling upset, and just the right amount can help you feel better.

"We need never be ashamed of our tears." -Charles Dickens

4 comments:

  1. I like that. All of that. I'm going to have to remember that the next time I'm crying. Love you Chels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good cry cleanses the soul!!! Love you missy!!

    ReplyDelete